Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Granny Squares

Now we've got all this warmth, I am loath to leave it in the evenings and go to my sewing studio, so I'm getting much less sewing done. On the other hand as I cannot bear to sit and do nothing, I've been crocheting granny squares.


When my mother, who was a very good and somewhat prolific knitter, died earlier this year I inherited her wool (talk about coals to Newcastle!). What to do with it all? I decided to hand the unfinished items to daughter Charlotte, she's a much better knitter than I and will finish them beautifully. But all the odd balls... time to make some granny squares for a blanket. I've only just learnt to crochet and granny squares are about my limit at the moment.  I've begun with this not terribly pleasant green, which I am sure is left overs from school jumpers for my children. Then getting bored of that colour I picked out the next ball, a navy blue, which is great but until we get a decent light I am barely able to see in the evening. Oh how we laughed when our parents complained of not being able to see dark colours at night.... I digress, hopefully, if I make enough different coloured squares, one day it will all look ok in a blanket.... um!

No comments: