Friday, August 1, 2008

Inchies

I've discovered Inchies!


Yes I know I'm a little behind the rest of the world, but hey I don't get out much...
For others who are as yet uninitiated - first we had fabric postcards then Artists Trading Cards ATC's now we have Inchies, which are basically one inch quilt squares often with lots of embelishments. There are also Plus Size Inchies PSI's (1 1/2" square) this is where I have started. Though having finished one (have 2 more waiting in the wings) I think I might like to have a go at an inchie. Watch this space....

I did cheat somewhat though as I used a scrap from a fabric bowl I made in February (did you guess?!)> I say a scrap but imho it was a large piece I couldn't bear to throw away, and hey what do you know I have a use for it! I cut it into 3 x 1 1/2" pieces, satin stitched around this one, then added beads, sequins and some chavvy little bells that have been hanging around for a couple of years., can't remember why I bought them but wouldn't you know it I only have four, I ask you, what can you do with four?

No comments: