Wednesday, September 2, 2009

English Rose

Here is my finished piece for the Good Ol’ Summertime quilt swap.


It has been sitting in my wip pile for some time, I didn’t know what to do with it and was half thinking of making it into a cushion.

When I went through the ufo/wips last week it hit me it would be perfect for the swap, and I suddenly knew exactly how I wanted to finish it. Its amazing how quickly one can finish something when inspiration strikes.

It will be winging its way overseas early next week I hope my partner likes it.

Size: 16” square

Techniques: Patchwork, appliqué with satin stitch edging, quilting all done by machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's stunning.