Sunday, February 1, 2009

Progress of the quilt

It began quite well and I cut out fabric strips, then looked at the fabric I had left - I was going to run out, but when I planned it out I had (shamefully?) enough fabric in my stash to make it.
Back to the drawing/working out board.

I use Quilt Pro to draft up most of my quilt ideas. Initially I had designed an 88" square quilt, however, once I started to manipulate the design I thought it would be fun to make it up in several different ways, so perhaps a smaller quilt would be a better bet. But did I inform Quilt Pro that was what I was going to do when I got it to print out the rotary cutting charts? Don't be silly, that would be the sane and sensible thing to do. Fortunately I hadn't got too carried away before it dawned on me something was wrong!


2 comments:

Babs Banter/QUILTECH said...

Looks interesting and strippy. Like colours v much.

Do you find Quilt Pro any good? I bought a version years ago from Laurence at Rio Designs - not impressed - but perhaps it was in early stages?

Can't concentrate at moment - coping with Macmillan and District nurses - hospitals and chemo - which is why I'm doing BQL 2009 challenge. No thought required.
love, B x

JulesQuilts said...

Thanks,
I bought QP from Lawrence too, I love it it takes the leg work out of desining especially when you change your mind/wish to try some thing different.
Sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment.
What is the BQL challenge?