Sunday, June 8, 2008

Excitment

I've had a very busy week we have been busy with out show at Cartmel Priory, setting it up on Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday. Followed by four days with the show open to the public, I am shattered, but on a high we pulled it off we staged a show with 95 stunning quilts in a magnificent building and the sun shone all week too.
Then this evening as we were closing the show Sylvia dragged me into the middle and began making a speech about the visitors choice - I got a little huffy thought what does she think she is doing that's my job and I don't even know which one is the winner. I realised why when she announced my quilt, Pink Parfait, had won. I was thrilled, delighted, and somewhat embarrassed - organisers are not supposed to win! It is very humbling to win visitors choice, but oh what a high.

No comments: